Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – North of the UK (Field based) – Up to £55,000 plus commission
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our client who are a known freight forwarder who operate across the whole of the UK.
You will be responsible for supporting the growth of the business by sourcing new regular trading and profitable freight customers, as well looking for customers with customs requirements.
- Guaranteed salary starting from £55,000 depending on experience
- Uncapped commission scheme on new accounts
- Company mobile phone
- Car allowance or Company Car
- Discounted gym membership for the gym on site
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank and Public Holidays
- Previous experience of working in a sales role within a freight forwarding/logistics organisation is essential with a proven track record of success in Road, Sea or Air freight sales
- Good understanding of transport and Worldwide logistics
- Strong resilience and positivity particularly in challenging situations
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to develop and build strong and personable relationships over the phone and in person with a broad range of individuals
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a strong team player
- The ability to keep self-motivated
- High attention to detail
- Accountability to yourself and others
- Analytical and ambitious
- High IT literacy skills
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.