Costing Engineer / Estimator
Cost Engineer / Estimator – Gloucester – £35,000-£40,000 – Permanent, Full-time
Cost Engineer / Estimator required to join a reputable precision engineering organisation based in North / East Gloucester, just outside of Cheltenham.
As the successful Cost Engineer / Estimator you will be responsible for the complete estimating life‐cycle, from requesting for quotation (RFQ) to quote, to sale. You will also coordinate, direct and lead estimating efforts to ensure optimum costing and coordination of projects and programs to ensure the company meets their customer’s expectations and manufacturing requirements.
- Define the project scope, time period, phases to be estimated, communication channels and establish any boundaries for estimates or project requirements.
- Identify any schedule or budget constraints, and how those will be resolved.
- Identify everything defined in the scope to be costed.
- Collect and monitor data, manage risks, identify (if necessary) contingency plan, control changes and communicate these to the customer.
- Provide documentation for each cost element.
- Ensure that all expected costs have been properly presented to Customer for Review/Approval/Acceptance of the estimate.
- Finalise the cost estimate. Maintain all files, data related to this project.
- Take ownership of all costings to ensure accuracy, consistency and repeatability.
- Provide financial reporting, trending data.
- Proactively engage with external supply chain to ensure best possible supplier selection.
- Lead meetings and communications regarding quotation and pricing.
- Manage the hand-over process of any successful RFQ’s into the NPI process.
- Formal qualification in Engineering; Mechanical, Industrial or other related engineering field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Cost Engineering, Cost Estimating, planning, scheduling, estimating and other areas of project controls in a manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office programs
- Sound knowledge and experience in ERP systems and CRM systems.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO‐9001, AS9100 requirements would be highly advantageous
Salary – £35,000-£40,000
Working Hours – 07:30-16:30 (Monday-Thursday) 07:30-12:30 (Friday)
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Profit share bonus
Cycle to work
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.