Facilities and Health and Safety Manager
WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Facilities and Health and Safety Manager in Basildon.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone on a permanent basis at a busy freight forwarding company in Basildon
Hours and Pay – Facilities and Health and Safety Manager
- Monday – Friday
- 0830 – 1730
- £45,000 (depending on experience)
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
Role Duties – Facilities and Health and Safety Manager
- Assist the Head of HR in the execution of their duties in support of the Managing Directors vision of the company to become more streamlined and competitive.
- Maintain an overview of current legislation in all matters Facilities and Health & Safety.
- Maintain excellent interdepartmental networks and relationships.
- Line Manage and oversee the daily roles and responsibilities for maintenance team
- Update and maintain the company Health and Safety and Environmental Policy in conjunction with HSG 65 and communicate it to all staff
- Chair the monthly Health and Safety committee meeting with relevant stakeholders
- Carry out, record, and communicate all workplace risk assessments and safe systems of work throughout the UK network including COSHH, DSE, and health surveillance
- Ensure that all staff receive up to date training within their areas of responsibility and that the company in compliant with its training needs
- Record all training-on-training matrix files
- Ensure all staff receive training, information, instruction, and supervision on matters relating to H&S in conjunction with the company H&S policy
- Investigate, record, and report all workplace accidents, including RIDDOR reporting
- Upkeep and manage maintenance schedules for all properties within the UK network
- Update the buildings handbook and manage all leases, tenants, utilities, service contracts and suppliers
- Day to day management of waste disposal, maintenance and parking and oversee all staff working in facilities
- Manage all budgets and regularly review all purchasing to ensure bets value for money
- Manage tenders, projects, refurbishment, and procurement ensuring all projects are carried out in accordance with CDM Regulations
- Ensure all buildings meet all current regulations ion regards to health and Safety including risk assessments
- Manage other site facilities throughout the U.K. Colnbrook, Coleshill (Tamworth Sept 2022), Manchester & Glasgow
- 5+ years working in a Facilities Managers role
- Foundation degree, HND or degree in facilities management Or Qualification in engineering, management or business studies
- BIFM qualification
- Or Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM)
- IOSH, studying for or already have a NEBOSH general certificate
- Problem solving skills
- Well organised
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer and client management skills
- MS Office, Excel & PowerPoint Skills
#basildon #Facilities and Health and Safety Manager #NEBOSH #IOSH
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.