Ocean Import Coordinator (Hybrid)
Position: Ocean Import Operator
Location: Wythenshawe, Manchester
Salary up to £33,000pa
Hours: Mon – Fri 9:00 – 17:30 (Hybrid 2 days from home 3 office)
Our client is independently owned, continuously challenging itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. With a culture that thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, diversity and relationship building, as well as the desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
We are now hiring for an experienced ocean import freight forwarder, reporting to and working with the Operations Manager, the Ocean Import Coordinator will work closely with customers, clients and agents and liaise between customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries.
Key Role & Responsibility
Manage all aspects of the import process, must be able to complete import CDS customs entries;
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met;
- Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information;
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments;
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met;
- Taking control of the delivery arrangement process, including working with overseas agents to arrange new bookings;
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions;
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and literacy with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft office
- Demonstrate accurate attention to detail at all times;
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Show care and passion towards the job role
- The Import Coordinator will work on the Import department, along with other members of the team. The import department consists in both Air and Ocean Imports operations.
#imports #freight forwarding #ocean freight
WR Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for all vacancies in the logistics industry. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.