Freight Operations Supervisor – Dartford, Kent
Our client who are a global freight forwarder are looking for an Freight Operations Supervisor to join their team in Dartford, Kent.
The Freight Operations Supervisor will be tasked to provide support to the Operations Manager in the day-to-day running of the team.
Hours: 9:00am to 5.30pm – Monday to Friday
Location: Dartford, Kent
- To maintain the smooth operation of the team, dealing with client queries/problems
- Day-to-day supervision of the team
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures for the department customers are followed and understood by all team members.
- Make sure there is constantly adequate cover for the team and ensure that the workload is distributed evenly at all times.
- Monitoring performance of contracted offices and agents to ensure client requirements are met.
- Ensuring that client specific KPI’s are met each month
- Ensure that any HM Revenue & Customs queries are dealt with in a timely manner to avoid any further action by the Customs authorities.
- Plan the most appropriate route for shipments, taking into account the nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security
- Monitor ‘door to door’ exports travel until successful delivery is made within the timeline required
- Produce quotes when required, ensuring the best solution/options are provided to the client
- A minimum of 5 years of Freight Forwarding experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organisational skills and an ability to react to suit operational demands
- Experienced in handling dangerous goods
- Comprehensive understanding of Export Regimes and understanding of Customs Tariff
- Comprehensive understanding of ASM Sequoia and CHIEF
- Excellent Microsoft skills, in particular Excel
- High level of accuracy in checking and processing information
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.