Proposals Engineer required to join a medium-sized engineering company that delivers mission-critical engineering solutions to a range of industries.
The Proposals Engineer will prepare winning bids and take ownership of the end-to-end bid process including managing opportunities from qualification through to contract award and handover to the company’s delivery teams. The Proposals Engineer will also work alongside and support Senior Proposals Engineers on higher value and complex opportunities.
This role would suit someone who has held one of the following job titles: Bid Writer, Contracts Engineer, Proposals Engineer, Applications Engineer or Sales Engineer.
Salary – £34,000-£37,000
37 hours per week Mon-Fri 08:30-17:00 and Friday 08:30-16:30
Private health care
Pension 6% company contribution
25 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
Death in service 4x annual salary
Cycle to work scheme
Bonus scheme based on company and individual performance
- Identify new tendering opportunities using procurement portals and liaising with the business development manager on leads.
- Manage opportunities through their lifecycle.
- Break down customer requirements from tendering opportunities into actionable bid deliverables.
- Interpret drawings and/or 3D design models and translate these into supplier requests for quotations.
- Engage with process owners from across the company to support the generation of tender deliverables, estimate, and programme.
- Engage and liaise with the company’s supply chain to obtain information / quotations /proposals for subcontracted scope in support of tender opportunities.
- Coordinate and chair bid reviews and bid approvals in line with the company’s quality management procedures.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially viable bids in accordance with the company’s values and corporate objectives.
- Ensure that forecast reports and plans are completed accurately for opportunities.
- Analyse commercial risks on tenders.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Experience of sales/tendering within an engineering sector
- Experience of developing, managing, and maintaining relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Experience in preparing tender offers and cost estimating for small value projects or products
- Knowledge of highly regulated industries, such as nuclear, defence, aerospace, oil & gas, pharmaceutical or similar.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.