Transport Manager/Driver – Wolverhampton – Up to £31,000
Purpose of the role:
To meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their goods effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures.
Job type: Permanent – Monday to Friday – 06:00am to 16:00pm
Salary: Up to £31,000
20 days + Bank Holidays
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their traffic requirements are fulfilled in line with their booked instructions.
- Take out a local load first thing in the morning then comes back to the office to manage the office and a team of 10 drivers.
- Route and plan deliveries
- Route and plan Artics
- Liaise with external partners to ensure all collections covered and delivered
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport regulations
- Communicate with all suppliers and stakeholders in the delivery process.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures
- Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse department for loading/off loading goods to vehicles
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. costing, agreeing charge rates with contractors, queries in accordance with the companies’ requirements.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, suppliers and other offices as required by operational procedures.
- Communicate with and pursue customers who have not made recent bookings.
- Arranging backloads when possible
- HR aspects with all drivers
- Tachographs, MOT’s/servicing of vehciles
- Planning experience with Transport, Logistics company or similar
- UK Distribution experience
- HGV/Artic driving experience
- Experience in Transport managing drivers
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.