- Start Date
- Coventry, Birmingham, Worcester, Leicester, Northampton
- Engineering, Manufacturing
- £28000-£32000 per annum(pension 25 days hols bank hols)
- Philip Brindley
Salary - £28,000 - £32,000
Benefits - 25 days holiday pension life assurance
Rare opportunity for an experienced estimating engineer to join a highly bespoke manufacturing business who supply a global client base around the world providing service, maintenance and installation support on large and small process plant, special purpose machines and industrial equipment projects working as part of the technical sales team based from Coventry.
This is a unique position for the successful enthusiast candidate with the chance to learn from some of the most knowledgeable and experienced engineers in the sector who are keen to train, develop and pass on their vast experience to the selected estimating engineer who is keen and willing to learn.
As Estimating Engineer you will;
• Preparing detailed cost estimates of all plant elements and assembling these into a total project costing for major capital plant; minor capital plant, modifications and upgrades; spares and service
• Costing of the individual items for inclusion in detailed estimates
• Creation of quotations, proposals and or RFQ responses in line with customer and sales requests
• Maintaining electronics record of detailed project costings
• Maintaining order entry system and sales administration systems
• Provide structures and methodical approach to collating complex data from multiple sources
• Attention to detail, accuracy and completeness of data records
• Independent planning, self-organisation and prioritisation skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office and particularly MS Excel
• Capable of working on own initiative, but with understanding of responsibility within the team
• HNC within Mechanical or Chemical Engineering essential
• Previous experience as an estimator in capital equipment environment
• Preferably with hands-on field experience in engineering and manufacturing roles
• Ideally within process plant or capital equipment projects environment
• Demonstrable ability to read and interpret P&ID and engineering drawings
• Working knowledge of system elements such as pneumatic; heating; cooling; controls systems and instrumentation; pumping and pipework systems; etc and associated manufacturing and installation practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.