Area Sales Manager
- Start Date
- bulk handling, materials handling, conveyors, sales
- Preston, Manchester, Stoke on Trent, Leeds
- £35000-£38000 per annum(OTE Car, Laptop, Phone)
- Glenn Brighty
Car, Laptop & Phone
Covering The North including Scotland (Home Based)
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong background in conveyor system sales, from parts to full scale systems - a good bulk material handing back ground with a proven track record for sales and client growth.
A solid bulk materials handling, or conveyor sales background is a must.
- Working closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager to meet UK sales targets and achieving agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the nominated UK geographical area.
- Liaising with the UK and Marketing Coordinators and Customer Services Team to maximise the opportunity to quote and close the sale for new and existing customers.
- Supporting customers with projects, technical issues, concerns, resolving them to the customer’s satisfaction and closing the order. Building relationships with these and prospective customers.
- Liaising with the UK Coordinator in researching new opportunities in the UK market.
- Reporting the areas performance to the Sales and Marketing Manager via the UK Coordinator using agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Planning area activity in conjunction with the UK Sales Coordinator diaries, implement, chase and monitor quotes and activity (new prospects, exhibition leads, Product Reference Charts (PRC's), customer training, technical and customer visit requests) and close orders.
- Evaluating your own workload and setting agreed priorities liaising with the UK Sales Coordinator to ensure customers are responded to within Customer Service Charter standards.
- Ensure Global and Group account business plans are actioned with the accounts in the nominated geographic area, reporting back on the activity.
- Proactively hunting out potential new business including cold calling, pursuing all opportunities to quote and close the sales.
- Supporting the customer with technical sales visits. These visits could include Surveys, Best Practice Audits, Belt Joining Training, and problem solving. Advising on projects or issues with the customer.
- Completing customer Product Reference Chart’s (PRC’s) after survey, submitting them for entry on ERM before signing off by the Senior Technical Sales Engineer.
- ERM, maintaining customer records, updating them each time there is contact with the customer, making notes of special requests or requirements on system so that colleagues can action. These include alterations, amendments, and conversations regarding quotes and orders, pricing, production and despatch and account administration.
- Identify new product opportunities or markets through interaction with customers, prospects and competitor activity.
- Identifying any opportunities with the UK Coordinator to close the sale with the customers
- Liaising with the UK Coordinator the actions required when urgent requests are received from customers due to breakdowns.
- Improve Customer Service Charter standards through recommending improvements and implementing agreed new systems and controls that adds value to the customers experience
- Working closely with internal and external colleagues to ensure customers receive first class customer service.
- Report on area sales budgets, competitor activity, action complaints and PIR's as required.
- Keeping the Sales and Marketing Manager informed of industry developments and trends, competitor activity and suggesting future development based upon customer demand and these trends
- Developing tools and systems with colleagues that delivers increasing levels of customer service.
- Flexibility, you should expect to work the hours required to achieve business goals, which included extensive travel in your nominated geographic area which includes overnight stays and weekend working.
- Upon request attend any exhibitions and applicable meetings.
- Evaluating new ideas and initiatives that can increase profitable sales and lean internal processes.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.