- Start Date
- Design Engineer
- £35000-£40000 per annum
- Ben Samson
- 02392 852318
£35,000 to £40,000
Are you looking for a your next step in Design Engineer? An SME Manufacturer in Colchester is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their expanding Product Development team. This role would suit an individual with 3 -4 years experience.
Working with the Product Development Manager, this role will involve:
- creating and updating product design drawings for our range of dust extraction equipment.
- generating designs for customer special projects
- programming new and existing designs for CNC punch and folding.
- developing product documentation and assembly handbooks for all existing products.
- developing detailed design for manufacture of a range of new equipment.
The ideal candidate will be degree or HND qualified in a related subject (mechanical engineering or similar) and will have some proven ability to develop product designs in sheet metal. The company are a small but growing company and are looking for someone flexible who will do whatever is needed to expand the product portfolio and improve the manufacture of the current range.
The company work with customers across the UK and Europe, including almost all leading manufacturing organisations.
- has a qualification or demonstrable experience in mechanical engineering (degree, HND or on the job).
- can demonstrate experience of Inventor, Solidworks, or comparable systems.
- is comfortable researching and specifying unfamiliar systems
- has knowledge of fan systems, or can demonstrate some background in fan system engineering, HVAC, or similar.
- can design sheet metal parts for manufacture.
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.