Souring Manager / Category Manager (Space Engine/Propulsion)
- Start Date
- Oxford, Didcot, Abingdon
- £50000-£60000 per annum
- Richard Gask
Souring Manager / Category Manager – Space Engine/Propulsion
Souring Manager / Category Manager is required to join a cutting edge, market leading, breakthrough aerospace engine technology, space propulsions engine manufacturer. Only the highest quality talent need apply. Traveling at five times the speed of sound, air-breathing rocket engines, its never been a better time to join!
In short, you will work on the next stage of hypersonic engines, for the next phase of space travel!
We have a fantastic role for a Souring Manager / Category Manager / Programme Sourcing Manager to support the Programme tendering and sourcing process to ensure required cost/profitability levels and wider commercial objectives are achievable and contracted for to meet the customer requirements and company’s business strategy.
A key member of a multi-discipline project team, providing the interface with the Supply Chain and Programme team to define the Programmes’ needs and deliver a strategy capable of delivering those needs in the most total cost-effective manner while protecting the company IP and commercial position.
Responsible for defining programs’ Supply Chain needs, jointly conducting make-buy analysis, identifying the supplier profiles for outsourced content and contracting with those suppliers that best meet our requirements. Jointly creating SOW packages and conducting relevant ITT activities, assess proposals to Evaluation Criteria, make sourcing decisions and contractual alignment relevant to company strategy and the marketplace. To protect company Intellectual Property assets though ensuring up to date and applicable NDAs and constant overview and review of Intellectual Property portfolio and ensure in adherence to Intellectual Property Committee objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Create and implement supply chain commercial framework to meet the company requirements, including but not limited to:
- Define Programmes’ needs
- Make & present sourcing strategies
- Tendering documents
- Validation of SOW packages
- Ensure flow down of Customer and Agency requirements in our contractual obligations
- Negotiation of costs, schedules, and terms associated with contracted requirements
- Support the Programme Manager in creating and tracking the programs’ costs with regards to outsourced activity.
Create and maintain a commodity Supply Chain Strategy
- Summarising the Supply chain Strategy by commodity
- Make available to all relevant program members the sourcing strategies
- Risk Analysis – Identification and resolution of supply issues in order to meet business commitments against planned milestones.
- Facility supplier engagement and delivery from concept to hardware delivery
- Validate Design services proposed Supply Chain and Manufacturing strategies
- Manage design changes with Suppliers to ensure any costs and obsolescence incurred are minimised whilst maintaining delivery in line with project requirements.
- Place and expedite orders in line with Project requirements, managing Supplier’s capacity constraints in line with the dynamic environment of design and development.
Monitoring the execution of all contractual obligations in place with:
- Project teams
Developing a practical, commercial approach to protect company's interests and project margins
- Support the Supply Chain Manager, deputising when needed and the Programme teams to define the Supply Chain strategy for all Design and Sourcing activities
- Identify business Risks and provide input to Risk Management model
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will be commercially-orientated with sufficient gravitas to inspire and give confidence to both colleagues and customers. It is essential that he/she has experience of bidding for and managing substantial contracts
- Strong Supply Chain Management back ground
- Ideally with Chartered Membership of a professional body
- Ideally currently in a Senior Supply Chain or Commercial Officer / Manager role
- Financially astute, perceptive and intuitive, with strong commercial judgement, supported by excellent contractual expertise
- Experienced in defining supply chain strategies
- Experience in a complex bid management and negotiation in a complex commercial environment
- Experience of; design, services and material SOW and contract generation and validation
- Strong influencing skills are essential and must compliment credibility
Send your CV now for an immediate response.
Salary: £50,000-£60,000 DOE benefits
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.