Category Buyer (Manufacturing, M&E)
- Start Date
- Northamptonshire, Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes
- £35000-£40000 per annum
- Richard Gask
Category Buyer/Buyer is required to join a global manufacturer based near Bedford.
As a Category Buyer, your focus will be to manage and improving the overall supplier commercial relationship, optimising supplied part total acquisition costs and mitigating supply chain risk.
- Category Buyer / Buyer
- £35,000- £40,000 benefits (possibly more DOE)
Buyers will ideally have an electro/mechanical background, or capital equipment parts/materials background, at very least manufacturing experience.
You will support the Senior Buying team and Supply Chain Manager, with day to day procurement and supply chain activities. Therefore we can consider junior buyers and more experience category buyers.
This business is a manufacturer or specialist capital equipment, which is bespoke, based on customer requirements.
Due to ongoing growth, there is a genuine opportunity for progression and long term career, within this growing company
Typical duties will include:
- Supplier Selection - Manage the selection of the best value supplier for the categories of supply.
• Cost Downs - Manage part costs in line with budget expectations (PPV target v Standard or historic cost) and to initiate/deliver cost downs in line with business targets
• Admin - collate and retain up to date cost information for the designated categories of supply (RFQ,QAF, Cost models etc)
• Commercial terms - To ensure that supplier agreements/terms and conditions are in place and appropriate for at least the top 80% of category spend.
• Ensure that order coverage is in place and aligned with the Production build plan.
• Quality, Cost, Delivery - Champion supplier performance improvement (Q,C and D) for the designated categories and act as an escalation point for Q and D issues.
• Risk - develop and implement a risk assessment measure and implement actions to mitigate the risks identified.
- HND and preferably CIPS qualified
• Purchasing experience in a manufacturing engineering environment.
• Experience in negotiating commercial agreements with suppliers
• Preferably have some experience of delivering cost downs in a manufacturing engineering environment
• Preferably have experience of working within a Category management environment
• Experience and/or knowledge of manufacturing processes in an engineering environment
• Preferably have some experience of working in Europe and/or Asia.
• Should expect some travel to UK, European and Asian suppliers
- Purchasing/Category Management experience of rotating or special-purpose machinery (slitters, rewinders)
- Experience in manufacturing processes (QCD, components, raw materials etc)
- A highly motivated individual that can work equally well alone or within a team environment with minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines
Send your CV now for an immediate response.
In return expect a career in a growing business, with career progression and training.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 generous benefits
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.