- Start Date
- £20000-£30000 per annum
- Abi Robertson
DescriptionTechnical Estimator - Engineering Estimator - Engineering - Hydraulics
£20,000 - £30,000
Reporting to: UK Quality Director
The Technical Estimator works closely with the Project Engineer to determine the costs associated with completing the scope of work in a request for quotation (RFQ) which will be submitted to the sales team. This position is responsible for determining the material and labour required to produce a part and preparing the detailed costing.
The Technical Estimator will need to liaise with the purchasing department to ensure accurate material costs and any associated tooling is identified and included within the costing.
The Technical Estimator will generate bill of materials (BOM) and routings on the MRP system including any associated SOP’s and technical specifications are included.
• Assess the RFQ requirements including customer and closing date to determine prioritisation of all quotations. Escalate if there is a risk to meeting closing date(s).
• Analyze drawing, specifications and other documentation to support preparation of comprehensive costing.
• Request material costs from purchasing department and review supplier and subcontractor proposals and pricing to ensure offer meets with Argus/customer requirements
• Prepare detailed costings from customer and internal drawings
• Liaise with sales team to request information from customer on all changes in scope, questions or clarifications regarding the work, during the quotation process.
• Provide requested information to support creation of PPAP in line with customer requirements
ONC/HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering is desirable
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.