Air Import Clerk
Air Import Clerk – Heathrow, London
Industry: Freight Forwarding & Logistics
£30,000 – £35,000 (DOE)
Monday – Friday
My client, an established Freight Forwarding Group are looking to acquire an experienced Air Import Clerk for their successful team based in London, Heathrow.
This group diversified its service offering and operational base to include numerous other commodities in a variety of industries. The dynamic growth of the organisation enabled it to attract clients who recognised the strategic importance and advantages of partnering with a player of this magnitude.
- Establish an effective collaborative relationship with the Operational team and maintain communication with customers on all customs issues.
- Provide accurate documentation check to ensure compliance to new and existing government legislation
- Monitor arrivals and prepare documentation for entry submission, liaising with customers as required.
- Submit Import declarations via Cargowise
- Monitor any applicable declarations subject to HMRC checks, port health, plant health, customs examinations, documentation checks etc and liaise with relevant Government and Regulation agents to ensure timely release, including airline handlers.
- Submit IPAFFS notifications for POAO and Plant Products, as well as catch certs, organics and other licensing.
- Liaise with commercial teams to fully understand and comply with Customer SLA’s
- Submit T1 departures and arrivals when required via NCTS.
- Recent experience of working in a customs brokerage environment. Inclusive of entry submission to CDS via Cargowise or similar customs software provider.
- Knowledge of the HMRC Tariff for a diverse range of product types but specifically perishable products.
- Understanding of various customs procedures.
- Ability to adapt to arrivals encompassing various transport modes if required.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- Ability to work with line manager on HMRC ad hoc requirements, procedures, audits etc.
- Intermediate computer literacy and knowledge of software, such as Word, Excel and Outlook
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.