Air & Sea BDM
Business Development Manager – Road and Ocean Freight
Salary: Up to £50,000 (DOE)
Are you an experienced Freight Sales person that feels undervalued by your current employer?
Do you have a great sales background?
A Successful freight forwarder with sites across the UK are looking for a BDM to join their strong sales force based out of Manchester.
The successful Business Development Manager will have worked for a Freight Forwarder and will have working experience within Key accounts management, Sales or operations.
- £50k Depending on Experience
- Uncapped Commission – 10% Life of account
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Above standard Pension contributions
- Company Car/Allowance
- Company Mobile Phone
- Discounted Gym membership
- Birthday Off
- Employee representation forum
- Great growth potential
The Business Development Manager Role
- You will be field based and in the office one day a week.
- Responsible for the identification, acquisition, development and retention of a customer base within the Air, Road, Sea freight.
- You will manage your own diary and develop your own portfolio of opportunities.
- Arrange own meetings and prospect for new business
- Negotiate sale (price, costs, delivery and specifications) with buyers and close the sale
- Effectively interact with the Operations team
The Business Development Manager Requirements
- Must have Freight Operations or sales experience.
- Skilled at Freight quotations and rate negotiations
- An excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Excellent IT skills
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.