Air & Sea Freight Forwarder
Position: Air & Sea Freight Operator
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Location: Castle Donnington
Salary £25,000 – £35,000
Our client is the fastest growing UK freight forwarder, achieving a 2021 group turnover of £460m. Founded in 1998, their people have remained at the heart of their business, and their entrepreneurial spirit has created a success journey driven by innovation and ambitious leadership. They provide a variety of logistics services that include ocean freight, air freight, 3PL and ecommerce fulfilment to 1000’s of clients with global supply chains. Striving for excellence in everything they do.
We are currently looking for Air & Sea Freight Operator to join our growing Air & Ocean Freight team in Castle Donnington.
The successful candidates will be the one point of contact for our clients, with a complete 360 responsibility of quoting and managing our client’s shipments and expectations. Building relationships with both customers and hauliers will be key to being a successful account manager. They will be working within a vibrant and highly innovative team. They will also be responsible for ensuring goods are cleared in a timely manor working closely with the customs bureau team to ensure no delays.
Accountable to Branch Manager for the day-to-day servicing of our nomination client base. Ensuring that procedures are followed, profits are maximised, and trade is developed through relationship building, handling ocean and air freight operations from start to finish.
- Manage ocean and air freight consignments from start to finish.
- Complete customs clearances for imports and exports via CDS.
- Seek, develop, and secure new opportunities from existing business.
- Identify and monitor key performance and financial indicators for all client/agent activity, maximising profit where possible.
- Maintain and monitor service expectations of existing and key accounts
- Support external sales force and handle quotation process.
- Management of business from inception to completion.
- Select appropriate suppliers to maximise freight profits.
- Manage your own time to best efficiency for the business.
- Integrate and co-ordinate new business into our service network
- Build relationships with clients and develop these through good communication and where applicable, face to face meeting.
- Work in collaboration with the accounts team to make sure customers terms are adhered to.
Our company benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave per annum with an additional purchase scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Hybrid working where applicable
- Annual birthday leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Day off for child’s first day at school
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.