Air & Sea Freight Operator
Position: Air & Ocean Freight Operator
Location: Felixstowe, UK
Salary: £25,000 – £32,000 + Bonuses
Hours: Mon – Fri
08:00 – 17:00
My client are a well-established independent Freight and Logistics service provider who has built an exceptional reputation within the industry.
Due to accelerated growth and a gap in the market, we now seek to appoint an experienced Freight Forwarder to add depth to their dynamic team of logistics professionals.
This position would suit applicants who have at least 3-5 years of experience in an operational role working for an International Freight service provider.
Candidates must have full end-to-end knowledge and experience of Import & Export procedures for Ocean Freight & Air Freight
In return, my client offers a fantastic office-working environment with higher-than-average base salaries, bonus incentives, company days out, and excellent internal progression opportunities.
If you are an experienced Air & Ocean Forwarder, we want to hear from you, so please apply today
- Be the primary point of contact for the UK warehouse on all logistics activities
- knowledge in customs clearance especially AMS system (Chief and CDS)
- Liaise with the warehouse to ensure orders are processed and dispatched accurately and on time.
- Verifying and meeting established deadlines through management, product fulfilment, shipping, and transportation
- Monitoring quality control and keeping warehouse capacity at optimal levels
- Escalate any delays or constraints with goods departure or delivery as necessary
- Track and report warehouse costs spent monthly by destination, activity type and customer
- Liaise with the warehouse on new customers to ensure value added and transport requirements are implemented
- Participate in warehouse and carrier review meetings, providing supporting information to review performance and escalations
What we need from you:
- Proven experience in a similar role dealing with warehouses and couriers
- Preferably experience working on SAP S4 Hanna but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and experience using ERP systems
- Organised and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and take responsibility for your own workload
- Be able to travel to warehouses frequently and as required
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.