Area Sales Manager – Packaging Machinery
Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager / Field Sales – Food Packaging Machinery – North
Selling market-leading machinery from the largest manufacturer of their kind and taking sole responsibility for new business development in the north of England. I’m recruiting an Area Sales Manager to join a leading packaging machinery supplier. This is a unique opportunity to join a low-turnover business with a strong existing base of customers, acting as the sole supplier for a world-leading machinery manufacturer.
The successful candidate will likely have experience selling processing or packaging machinery into the food sector (food, dairy, beverage, confectionery or similar) or medical sectors.
Previous experience may have been in a field-based sales role, or may have come in a customer-facing engineering environment. Previous job titles may have included Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Applications Engineer or similar.
- Managing and selling to existing customers
- Building and developing new business through company generated leads and via your own initiative and work
- Building relationships with our Ancillary partners
- Managing the internal sales process upon order placement
- Dealing with project values of £100k upwards
- You will be required to produce full costing analysis and customer quotations
- Working in conjunction and effectively with the Sales team and all other departments
- Previous sales experience as an Area Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Applications Engineer or similar
- Experience selling capital equipment, processing, packaging, labelling machinery or similar into the food sector (food, dairy, beverage, confectionery or similar)
- A strong technical skill-set and a genuine interest in a sales career could compensate for lack of previous experience in a similar position
- Able to travel within UK and overseas when required
- Base Salary £40,000-£50,000
- Performance-based bonus circa 15-20% of annual salary
- Car, laptop and phone allowance
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.