Area Sales Manager
An award winning manufacturer is seeking an Area Sales Manager to work out of their site near Worksop, covering parts of Europe and India.
Working as part of the sales team the successful Area Sales Manager will provide daily internal customer facing contact to help develop the area, travelling overseas to customer sites on average of once every 6 weeks.
My client are happy to offer training regarding the technical aspects of the role and are seeking someone with a strong commercial background, ideally who has worked in sales overseas previously.
Salary – £30,000-£35,000 (DOE)
Annual company wide bonus
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Private Medical Cover
All expenses for travel, food and accommodation covered when visiting customer sites.
- Receiving, logging and processing customer enquiries.
- Following up quotations in a timely manner and logging any feedback from the customer on the QRM system.
- Responding to customer order progress requests.
- Liaise with internal departments (e.g. technical, financial, production), as appropriate to coordinate orders taking ownership from receipt of order to delivery.
- Communicate with our purchasing department, to gain lead time and price information to enable the customer quotation to be completed.
- Recognise issues that need to be raised to senior management and report this in a timely manner at all times.
- Developing strategies to promote the company’s products and services.
- Maintaining cordial relationship with distributors and agents in assigned area.
- Developing and sustaining long-term relationships with direct customers.
- Reaching the targets and goals set for your area.
- Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors.
- Travelling to potential and existing customers within an assigned sales area to present company offerings and build brand awareness.
- Planning and preparing presentations online and face-to-face
- Utilizing outbound telephone calls, email communications, and face-to-face meetings with customers to close sales.
- Ability to quickly understand the basics of engineered products, their functions and applications.
- 1-5 years of experience required, depending on past sales experience and industry.
- Proven sales experience and knowledge, including familiarity with current trends in sales methods.
- Outstanding negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient in using ICT equipment and systems including Microsoft Office programmes, including Word, Excel and SAGE
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.