Assistant Transport Manager
WR Logistics are currently recruiting for an Assistant Transport Manager in Lydden, Dover.
My client is seeking an Assistant Transport Manager to supplement an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated Team of logistics professionals in Lydden, Dover.
Hours and Pay – Assistant Transport Manager
- 0800 – 1800
- Monday – Friday
- 1 Saturday every three weeks (0800 – 1300)
- 22 Days holiday per year + 8 Bank Holidays
- £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
Job Purpose – Assistant Transport Manager
- Managing excellent communication with our driving staff and our Operations Team who are based at a different location.
- Assist and supervise shipments in and out of the Warehouse for clients
- Assist and supervise shipments in and out of the Warehouse for clients.
- Conducting a daily stock take of shipments in the Warehouse.
- Collating and distributing a daily Trailer location report.
- Participate in the weekend rota shared with the Transport Manager and Warehouse Manager.
- Assisting with the preparation of driver’s time sheets and expenses.
- Assist with the preparation of Tachograph reports for Drivers to complete.
- Daily interaction with on-site Workshop to ensure that Inspections and Repairs are completed, and defects efficiently dealt with.
- Vehicle inspections, reviewing damage / defect Reports.
- The client are shipping into Europe. Post-Brexit specific paperwork is required to enable freight to move, you will assist with producing and collating that paperwork.
- Assist with the preparation of “offload” sheets for Warehouse staff and Drivers Worksheets.
- To deputise for the Transport Manager as and when required.
- To deputise for the Warehouse / Site Manager as and when required.
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal)
- A confident personality with a can do attitude.
- A professional positive and helpful attitude to work colleagues and Suppliers.
- IT literate.
- Experience of working for a Transport / Logistics company would be a considerable advantage.
- Presentable, energetic, and enthusiastic.
- Strong organisational skills with an excellent memory.
- Experience managing HGV Drivers
- FLT Licence preferable although training may be given to the right candidate.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.