Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – Up to £45,000 – Birmingham
Our client who are a global freight forwarding are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Development
Manager to join their growing business in the Birmingham area.
The right candidate should be able to cost, quote and operationally manage their accounts with suppliers of their choice.
What is on offer –
- Salary: Up to £45,000
- Unique, clear & uncapped bonus structure.
- Company Car or Car allowance scheme
- Laptop & Iphone
- Working Hours 08:00 – 17:00hrs
- 28 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays)
The day to day duties will include-
- Plan personal sales activity effectively with regular contact via telephone, email and face to face communication.
- Cold Calling & lead generation.
- Maintain and develop existing accounts
- Manage new accounts in your business base, ideally with the aim of becoming the sole supplier.
- Handle quotations & all operational aspects of Sea, Air and European Road movements.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Actively promoting the brand and always provide exceptional customer service
- Previous experience in an Air & Sea / European sales role or, an operations role but with the passion to go into a business development / sales focused role is desired.
- Commercially focused with a strong passion for customer service.
- Self-motivated and driven with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A confident communicator with a passion for their work.
- Has the ability to be a self-starter, build own sales pipeline as well as manage customer accounts and relationships.
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous role.
- Have a portfolio of client leads.
- Proven sales targets and new business.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.