Business Development Manager – Courier
Business Development Manager – Courier | Remote working | Up to £40,000
Main purpose of role The role of the Business Development Manager is to win new customers within a defined geographic area within a region or area. The overall objective being to grow the total gross margin generated in this region or area and achieving individual sales margin targets. The Business Development Manager ensures that the customer is aware of the range of the company’s products and services.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Establish and maintain effective relationships with new customers and always act with customers in mind, meeting their expectations and requirements by proactively obtaining customer information, recommending products or services, and negotiating contract prices and terms within agreed parameters.
* Continuously strive to exceed the new business gross margin
* Demonstrate the benefits of the group’s products and services and respond appropriately to a customer’s requirements
* Engage in discussions and negotiations with customers to reach a point of mutual agreement keeping commercial factors in mind
* Close and formalise deals between the Group and customers with appropriate commercial arrangements
* Generate their own new business opportunities
* Work alongside the support and operations team to ensure that all new customers are set up and managed effectively
* Communicate with heads of departments to attain Operational and Commercial sign off
* Establish a systematic course of action for self and others to ensure accomplishment of sales objectives and goals
* Determine priorities and allocate time and resources effectively
* Develop and implement tactical plans with the Sales Manager or Regional Sales Manager in line with the company sales strategy for prospects and customers
* Keep up to date with business financials, products and services and those of our competitors
* Use sales tools in line with the agreed sales process to maintain and develop pipeline and customer information
* Attend team meetings and contribute as necessary on own individual performance, prepare for manager review meetings and complete sales reports accurately and on time
* Comply with Company policy and procedures including Health & Safety and accidents
– Proven experience in working to and exceeding new business targets
– Experience of motivating oneself
– Min 3 years business to business sales
– Experience selling same day / Logistics, 3PL or Parcel services
– Experience of completing Sales forecasts and budgets
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.