Business Development Manager – Freight
Business Development Manager – Lichfield – Up to £45,000
We are supporting our Client, who are a Global Freight Forwarder find a Business Development that is experienced in European Road Freight to help them bring in new business in the midlands. They already have a very strong presence in the Midlands but are now looking to expand the business in other avenues. You will help them develop the expansion in contract logistics and European Road sales along with being responsible for supporting the growth of the business by sourcing new regular trading and profitable road freight customers.
Job type: Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday – 09:00am – 17:30pm
Package and Benefits:
- £35,000 – £40,000 DOE.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Car allowance.
- Retailer discount scheme.
- Staff development & progression plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The main duties of this position will be to locate, identify, develop and secure new business opportunities.
- Identifying and developing a personal prospect pipeline of sufficient quality and quantity to deliver against company targets and ambitions.
- Develop and understand the customer needs and how our solutions can work for them.
- Managing and recording sales activity and sales process through the CRM System.
- On-boarding new clients in a timely manner to meet projected go-live dates.
- We’re looking for someone with a hunger to succeed, you’ll be organised, proactive & energetic.
- Consistently grow the gross profit and achieve revenue targets.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Ideally you have an excellent understanding of storage and international Logistics.
- Experienced in B2B sales
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Full UK Driving licence and ability to travel.
- Experienced in winning sales within a field sales/account management role.
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate and have a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have proven experience of stakeholder management and networking to achieve results.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.