I’m recruiting a Buyer to join a world-leading manufacturer of high-value capital equipment in Cambridge.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment to join a company manufacturing cutting-edge technology for global clients.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes, new projects and activities.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
- Monitor status of orders and ensure on time delivery including chasing internal works order processes to ensure timely completion.
- Prepare reports, analysis and updates as and when required.
- Get involved and/or cover any work requirements within the Purchasing department when
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Buyer within Engineering / Manufacturing industry.
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks, achieve set targets and meet tight deadlines
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Advantage – qualified to CIPs level or equivalent
- £30,000-£36,000 DOE
- 27 days holiday plus all Public holidays
- Pension scheme; a level of contribution is made by the Company.
- Medical scheme; a level of contribution is made by the Company.
- Company-wide bonus scheme; based on Company performance.
- Social events; company socials throughout the year
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.