Buyer required to join a growing engineering company, supplying parts into the aerospace, defence and F1 sectors, based in Gloucester.
The successful Buyer will be responsible for purchasing raw materials, consumables, and equipment for the business, as well as being responsible for the day-to-day planning and supervision of all materials and services, to ensure that the required equipment and goods are procured in line with quality and regulatory expectations whilst meeting manufacturing demands.
The Buyer and Materials Planner will take responsibility for negotiating the best prices, ensure the suppliers adhere to KPI’s and goods are on time, and to ensure all orders for raw material, consumables and requisitions are dealt with promptly.
Salary – £31,000-£34,000
34 days of annual leave, including Bank Holidays
3% Employer Pension Contribution
Income protection scheme and Private medical cover
Cycle to work scheme
- To Process orders and monitor manufacturing usages to predict material and consumable usage to ensure material availability for manufacturing.
- Buy and schedule material and consumables as needed
- Co-ordinate delivery dates and shipping details with suppliers
- Optimise lead times for suppliers so that production demands are met.
- To ensure the necessary controls are maintained throughout the organisation to guarantee the integrity of the MPR system and our purchasing procedures
- Cost benchmarking of consumable items
- Managing and responding to general queries relating to purchase of materials, suppliers and transport processes.
- Identify cost savings.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing team and to understand forward planning of materials.
- Support Supplier compliance by liaising with the Quality Team to evaluate & monitor Suppliers
- Support the receipt of purchased materials and services and keep detailed records of purchases and stocks.
- Previous buying experience, Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Firm understanding of MRP/ ERP systems
- Experience sourcing new products
- Experience negotiating contracts with suppliers
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.