Compressed Air Engineer
Compressed Air Engineer – MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
I am recruiting for an Engineer for a Compressed Air company in Chessington.
The ideal candidate will have Compressed Air experience, servicing, installing and repairing a wide range of products and join a successful and established team of Engineers.
- You will be responsible for installing, servicing and repairing a wide range of air compressors (reciprocating, rotary vane and rotary screw), refrigerant and desiccant air dryers, pipework and associated fittings and generally meet the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the customer’s equipment.
- Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as perform necessary reporting, administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned.
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable.
- 3+ years’ experience working with Compressed Air Systems – essential
- Sound knowledge of electro / mechanical principles
- Ability to apply knowledge to practical situations working on compressed air equipment
- Ability to follow instructions, reading and understanding electrical and mechanical schematics and diagrams
- Sound understanding of external factors which can affect compressor performance
- Valid Full Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- FGAS, BCAS DipCAM and experience working on N2 Generation equipment, Blowers and Heat Exchangers not essential but desirable
- Experience of the compressed air sector preferred.
- 3-phase electrical knowledge is desirable.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Five years’ work experience in the medical imaging industry preferred.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel card
- Laptop, mobile etc
- You will need to perform occasional out-of-hours work and call-outs, to provide customers with 24 hour x 7 day cover and have a willingness to travel at short notice.
- Periodic overnight travel may be required.
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.