Customer Service Administrator
WR Logistics are currently recruiting for an Freight Import / Export Clerk / Customer Service Administrator
This role is for a large Transport and Logistics company with multiple depots across the globe offering land, sea and air freight forwarding solutions and the role will be an import / export administrator based in Segensworth, Fareham.
Import / Export experience would be an advantage however will consider skilled administrators especially if experience is within the logistics sector. Full training will be given.
Temp – Perm basis (12 weeks as temp agency worker and then transferred over to perm contract)
Hours and pay – Freight Import / Export Clerk / Customer Service Administrator
- Monday – Friday
- 0800 – 1700 (can be slightly flexible if necessary)
- £23,000 – £26,000 depending on experience
Duties – Freight Import / Export Clerk / Customer Service Administrator
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their quotations and traffic requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions.
- Liaise with other colleagues in other offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
- Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/ Shipping department for loading/off loading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. invoicing; filing; queries; claims; check costs in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU’s, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.