Customs Clearance Operator
Position: Customs Clearance Operator – Import & Export
Industry: International Freight Forwarding
Salary: £22,500 (DOE)
Our client is the fastest growing UK freight forwarder, their people have remained at the heart of their business, and their entrepreneurial spirit has created a success journey driven by innovation and ambitious leadership. They are now the worlds larges employee owned business! They provide a variety of logistics & freight forwarding services that include European Road Freight, ocean freight, air freight, 3PL and ecommerce fulfilment to 1000’s of clients with global supply chains. Striving for excellence in everything they do.
We are currently hiring for customs clearance operator ta entry level to join our growing Freight Forwarding team based from our Southampton offices.
The Customs Coordinator will be accountable to the Customs Supervisor for the day to day running of the customs team ensuring procedures are followed and ensure the department remains profitable and focused.
- Manage your own time to best efficiency for the business
- Monitor the systems and process throughout the department & inform Customs Supervisor of any ideas for change
- Ensure all entries, imports and exports, are done within a timely manner – 24 hours of receipt of documents for imports and before the container has loaded for exports
- Report any issues to the Customs Supervisor if they cannot be dealt with by yourself or will take an extended amount of time to complete
- Ensure procedures are followed at all times
- Make sure company standards are followed, and the customer experience is a positive one.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave per annum with an additional purchase scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Hybrid working where applicable
- Annual birthday leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Day off for child’s first day at school
- Cycle to work scheme
#freight forwarding # freight # import # european road # customs clearances
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.