Customs Clearance Team Leader
Position: Customs Team Leader
Industry: Freight Forwarding
Our client is one of the UK’s leading global freight and logistics providers with impressive growth in recent years. They now have 7 UK Branches, employ over 380 members of staff, and continue to dominate in the world of freight forwarding, International Logistics, 3PL, and Global Supply Chain Solutions.
To continue with growth plans, we are now hiring for a Senior Customs Team Leader to join our newest branch based in Ipswich.
We are keen to speak with freight forwarding professionals who have a strong background in Customs declarations for imports and exports and who have strong leadership qualities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting a team of 4 customs clearance agents and their development.
- Responsible for a team of 4 customs clearance agents and their development
- Signing of documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients.
- Recognise client commercial invoice(s) and packing list(s) extracting data as necessary to complete import CDS declarations and export CHIEF declarations.
- Liaising with importers and internal operational colleagues to obtain mandatory information for the preparation of import entries.
- Aiding clients on the classification of goods and their import
- Entering details onto specialised Customs software including CDS, CNS, Destin8, NCTS, NES etc.
- Allocating the correct licences depending on type of goods being imported.
- Application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification as appropriate and will assist with any appeals that may arise.
- Be fully conversant with import Customs regulations, whilst keeping up to date with changes as they occur.
- Inform customers on import restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other Customs related matters.
- Preparation and/or handling of necessary import documentation, including T-documents, EUR1’s, Certificates of Origin (CofO), CHED’s, COI’s and other cargo control documents, as well as discharge process of T-documents etc.
- Liaise with Port Health or Customs officials in areas such as document checks, goods quarantine etc.
- Competitive salary and annual pay reviews
- Pay day treat day
- Employee award programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Onsite parking at al UK locations
- Employee assistance programmes,
- Perk box discount platform
- Employee engagement scheme
- Refer a friend scheme.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.