Customs Clerk – Walthamstowe – Up to £40,000
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to work within an Award-Winning Logistics Company offering genuine opportunities for progression? Our client who invest in staff development, technologies and business expansion have opened up a position for a Customs Clerk to join their growing team.
This company are an internationally recognised, multi award-winning Logistics Company who combine the best-in class technology and people to be a leading independent freight management and supply chain solutions provider.
Salary: Up to £40,000 (DOE)
Annual holiday – 20 days plus 8 bank holidays (Increases by 1 day each year, up to 5 years)
Competitive remuneration package
Award Winning staff development program offering genuine career development opportunities
Staff Loyalty schemes, Health Care Plan, Enhanced holiday scheme, cycle to work, weekly yoga, mentoring scheme
Hybrid working – 3 days in office, 2 from home
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking bookings and assisting with transport and/or customs arrangements
- Producing and/or collecting essential shipping documentation required from customers and suppliers
- Submitting customs declarations for UK import and export and ensuring compliance with customs regulations
- Liaising with customers, overseas partners, and suppliers to arrange quick dispatch of cargo
- Updating and maintaining accurate information in our freight software
- Maintaining Data Quality on our Supply Chain Visibility platform
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and overseas partners
- Providing excellent customer service
- Undertaking various other administrative duties
Experience & Qualities Required:
- 4+ years in the shipping / logistics sector and customs clearance experience are essential
- Analytical and numerate with high level of speed and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy and hardworking
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly new skills and working practices
- Additional European language (particularly French, German, Polish or Spanish) is beneficial
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.