This Company are looking to bring on a customs clerk to join their team in Rochester, Kent.
Responsible for day to day processing of customs entries ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations and AEO along with ensuring timely Customs Clearance of shipments.
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000
- Annual leave – 24 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Private Medical care (after completion of probation)
Day to day:
- Prepare, check and process import and export documentation according to Customs regulations, laws, or procedures
- Pay, or arrange for payment of, taxes and duties on shipments.
- Stay abreast of changes in import and/or export laws
- Request or compile necessary import/export documentation, such as Customs invoices, Certificates of Origin, and cargo-control documents
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, or other Customs-related matters
- Confer with officials in various agencies to facilitate clearance of goods through Customs
- Update and maintain shipment tracking database
- Obtain line releases for frequent, high-volume entries, or multiple-container loads.
- Maintain relationships with shipping lines and freight forwarders to expedite clearing of cargo
- Arranging payment of freight and other charges or collection of payment on behalf of the client
- Acting as broker in customs negotiations to guide the freight efficiently through complex procedures
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as livestock, food and medical supplies
- Running day to day, import and export operations for multi-national customers
- Admin duties including transferring documents onto internal document management system
- Minimum 2 years of experience in dealing with customs
- Must have experience with a UK based freight forwarder or Customs Brokerage
- Experience in inputting customs entries
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.