Customs Coordinator – Walthamstow (East London) – Up to £36,000 (Hybrid working)
Our client who are a multi-site, award-winning Logistics Company are looking for a Customs Coordinator to join their Customs team in Central London.
You will be responsible for handling import and export customs declarations whilst ensuring that goods are imported into or exported out of the UK in strict compliance with HMRC Customs Regulations.
Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 17:00pm (Hybrid working – 3 days in office, 2 from home)
- Salary – Up to £36,000 (DOE)
- Holiday 28 days inclusive of public holidays increasing by 1 year for each year of service (up to max 5 additional days)
- Company healthcare plan
- Gym membership discounts
- Family experience day discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly yoga
- Mentoring scheme
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Producing and/or collecting essential shipping documentation required from customers and suppliers
- Assisting in issuing supporting shipping paperwork where required by customers
- Registering the consignments and/or documents onto various HMRC portals as appropriate
- Responsible for maintaining client satisfaction by delivering best-in-class customer care, maintaining regular communication by phone and email,
- Maintaining Data Quality on our their platform to guarantee accurate information is presented to customers
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
- Responsible for the submission of accurate export and import customs entries in a timely manner, in line with HMRC Customs regulations and company AEO procedures
- Completing appropriate due diligence checks and following escalation processes where needed
- Coordinating customs entry submission in other countries where required, by liaising with foreign partners and ensuring the declarations are submitted in a timely manner and within agreed upon KPI’s
Experience & Qualities Required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in completing import customs entries in a freight forwarding environment is essential
- Experience in Cargowise / Destin8 / CDS
- Excellent working knowledge of import and export customs procedures, tariff code, classification, commodity codes
- Excellent attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to delivery excellent customer service
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.