Salary: up to £27,000pa (DOE)
My client is looking for an experienced Customs Clerk to join their team based in Portsmouth too support the customs team in completing customs declarations for goods moving to and from the UK.
- Annual Salary: Up to £27,000 (DOE)
- Full time: Monday to Friday – 9:00am-5:30pm
- Generous holiday package.
- Excellent training programme.
- Opportunities and encouragement for progression within the company.
- Create job files, accurately enter data into customs software to submit entries in a timely manner.
- Sense check data provided by our customers against required source and advise on potential errors.
- Create Transit, Import and Export declarations through NCTS and CDS.
- Track and monitor declaration status.
- Claim UCNs across multiple CSP’s platforms.
- Liaise with all stakeholders. Dealing with any queries effectively and efficiently. Where necessary provide guidance and support on latest customs procedures and requirements.
- Help maintain the team mailbox.
- Provide cover for the team in the event of absences and holidays, including bank holiday cover.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a customs clerk or equivalent
- Good Written and Spoken English
- A knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office packages, Outlook etc.
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Customs qualification and previous experience working with Destin8, CNS, Pentant, CCS is desirable
#Customs Clerk, #Customs Operator, #Customs Coordinator, #Freight Forwarding, #Logistics
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.