WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Customs Clerk in Basildon.
This is an exciting permanent opportunity to join a thriving freight forwarding company as a Customs Clerk in Basildon.
Hours and Pay – Customs Clerk
- Monday – Friday
- 08.30 hours – 17.30 hours – one-hour unpaid lunch [1 in 6 Saturdays 08.30 hours – 17.30 hours]
- £26,000 – £30,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- To Co-ordinate Import and Export activities for the resident site, conforming to HM Revenue & Customs regulations and the following governing departments & organisations using the appropriate business systems where applicable.
- Checking & monitoring of Freight/courier invoices for payment ensuring accurate costing, charging to project where applicable in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate and control dispatching of goods
- Liaise with Customs legal counsel to check Export controls and licensing requirements
- Ensure all HM Revenue & Customs duty liabilities are fulfilled, minimising cost
- Liaise with, customers, suppliers, necessary agents and customs authorities to address any issues/questions arising from business activities
- Check invoices for both import and export brokerage and liaise with the broker / finance to resolve any invoice / payment issues
- High volumes of data entry on spreadsheets
- Ensuring insurance claims are given to the claims department immediately
- Raising necessary paperwork concerning all movements of Dangerous Goods
- Making customs entry amendment requests to HMRC
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Working experience of Exports/Imports & Customs Compliance and regulations (at least 2 years’ experience)
- Knowledge of customs requirements and formalities with particular focus on UK & EU imports
- HMRC amendment and reclaim experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft packages especially Ms Excel and office
- Must be flexible with their working hours.
#basildon #customsclerk #logistics
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.