Customs Import Clerk
Customs Import Clerk – Dartford – Kent -£26K-£32K DOE
A Multi-site Logistics company are looking for an experienced customs coordinator to join their Customs logistics team Dartford – Kent.
The Company is not worried at all about the uncertainty surrounded by the cost of living crisis. The complete opposite actually… they are taking advantage of other companies concerns to grow their business.
Customs experience is essential… it is also about the right person to join this company… A company that values its people and offers great stability, work life balance and opportunities to develop!
£26K-£32K depending on experience.
22 days holiday rising to 30 days with service plus 8 bank holiday days.
* Complete all Customs entries from start to finish for imports
* Liaise with Port Health and Customs officials on document checks
* Checking import tariffs and trade agreements Dealing with various modes of transport – Road and Sea
* Dealing with a variety of commodities
* Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
* Build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Complete customs procedures codes and excise
* Raise issues of non-compliance and ensure remedial action is completed in accordance with customs regulations and UK/ International law
* Ensure all invoicing (notably VAT and Duty invoices) is completed in a timely manner
Key Skills Required:
* Knowledge of Customs with an import bias
* Strong understanding of tariff classifications and BTI’s
* Previous experience with Customs software
#customs #seafreight #roadfreight
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.