Electronic Design Engineer
As the successful Electronic Design Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the design and development of specialist Human Machine Interface (HMI), collaborating effectively with customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders to bring the product vision to life.
You must have a proven track record in electronic design, with experience using CAD. You must also have experience of electronic prototyping and testing.
- Working alongside Mechanical Design Engineers to design and develop the electronics assemblies for specialist HMI products from inception through manufacture and final test
- Application support and design modification of existing products as required. This will require an understanding of the product application(s) and environment.
- Design/creation of related test software for these assemblies and similar tasks.
- Designing multi-layered PCBs using PCB CAD software. This should include schematic capture and layout.
- Design of analogue and digital test assemblies including microprocessor programming and support.
- Writing and maintenance of associated design and test documentation. Managing the transition to production including training of technicians and problem solving as required
- Support the Design team to internally develop more electronics related proficiency.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as may be requested to meet the needs of the business.
- Full knowledge and understanding of the design and manufacture of HMI products or similar.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
- Using an up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and materials to create innovative electronics designs that provide a solution to customer problems.
- Computer design skills and proficiency using circuit design programs.
- Ability to communicate technical data and complex electrical designs in an easy-to-understand format.
- Theoretical and technical knowledge of electronics and electrical interfaces.
- Ability to create accurate and complex circuit board plans
- Qualified or experienced in Electronics Engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience within the HMI (Human Machine Interface) industry or similar preferable.
- Qualified or experienced in CAD (Computer Aided Design).
- Experienced in board level mixed signal design.
- Experience of electronics fault-finding (to component level).
- Electronic prototype test experience.
- Experience in the aviation and/or military sector would be advantageous
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.