European Road Freight Coordinator – Imports
Position: EU Road Freight Import Coordinator
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000
Hours: Mon – Friday 9am-17:30pm -Hybrid working available
Our client is one of the UK’s leading logistics & International Freight Forwarding businesses. They currently employ over 380 staff and are rapidly growing. Due to expansion plans we are now hiring for an experienced Road Freight Coordinator to join our growing team based in Stoke-On-Trent.
We are looking to speak with individuals from the freight forwarding industry who have experienced dealing with end to end European road freight operations, primarily imports for FTL & Groupage services.
EU Road Freight Coordinator – Key Responsibilities:
- Complete end-to-end import operations via European Road Freight
- Develop key service relationships with customers for an effective and efficient service.
- Develop effective relationships with overseas agents and suppliers.
- Ability to plan a European Groupage Trailer
- Responsible for the Profit/Loss on the service
- Ensure the delivery and or collection of goods across Europe.
- Book appropriate transport to meet requirements of goods to be transported.
- Quoting customers on a daily basis
- Provide complete manifests or delivery notes for use by transport and warehouse staff as required.
- Comply with EU and UK regulations and requirements regarding export/import documentation.
- Ensure that geographic knowledge is updated frequently to enable efficient and effective use of transport.
- Provide assistance and cover in other areas of the operation team as required.
- Attend regular reviews of performance and annual appraisal meetings with manager.
- Experience in freight forwarding EU Road essential but will consider junior candidates.
- Good knowledge of EU Road freight movements.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.