Business Development Manager (BDM)
Industry: Freight Forwarding
£40,000 – £50,000 + Commission Structure, Car Allowance, Mobile Phone, Laptop etc.
My client is seeking to appoint a Business Development Manager to join their team based in Manchester. A typical day-to-day for this position will include gaining new business Nationally and Internationally, promoting and developing client’s portfolio in area of Freight and Warehouse 3pl.
Established in the early 90s, this Freight Group operates in the UK, Ireland, and the United States. You will be part of an industry-leading group that offers bespoke career development and progression avenues.
- Generate cold call prospective customers.
- Generate new sales leads and revenue.
- Meet with clients face to face, over the phone / Teams etc.
- Build / develop relationships with clients
- Achieve set targets
- Complete all work on time and to schedule including a weekly pipeline
- Participate in the organisation of corporate events
- Understand calculating costs when tailoring customer rates
- Liaising regularly with operations and customer service team.
Business Development Manager Position Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling international Ocean / Airfreight or
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling international Road Freight
- Experience in freight forwarding and warehouse 3pl
- Proven track record of sales figures with small to medium companies
- interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Computer Literate
- Awareness of opportunities to enable sales and revenue to be optimised.
If you believe you would be a suitable fit for this fantastic position, please apply today!
#freightforwarding #freightforwarder #bdm #freightbdm
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.