Freight Business Development Manager
Position: Freight Forwarding Business Development Manager
Location: Manchester, Wythenshawe
Salary: £50,000 + package
Hours: Mon – Fri 9am – 17:30pm
Our client is a leading provider of global logistics and freight forwarding services with offices in the UAE, India, Turkey, China, Saudi Arabia & active members of WCA, PPL, JCTrans, is now expanding its operations to the United Kingdom with the opening of its new office based at Manchester Airport.
As a Freight Business Development Manager, you will play a pivotal role in introducing our freight offerings to a new client base and driving revenue in the United Kingdom. Utilizing your previous expertise in the freight forwarding industry, you will identify new business opportunities, build strong relationships with potential clients, and identify solutions. Being able to draw upon an existing client base would be a huge advantage. Strategic sales planning to increase revenue it vital
- Identify and target potential clients within the freight industry in the UK.
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with clients, understanding their individual requirements and offering solutions accordingly.
- Formulate and execute a strategic sales plan to achieve revenue targets and contribute to the company’s growth.
- Work in conjunction with internal teams both locally and internationally, to ensure seamless execution of client solutions.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, market developments, and competitor activities to identify growth opportunities.
- Be comfortable to produce and deliver presentations, proposals, and contract negotiations to new or existing customers.
- Provide accurate sales reports, forecasts, and performance analysis to the management team.
- Participate in industry events, networking functions, and trade shows to enhance the company’s presence in the market.
- 3 years+ prior experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain solutions, preferably Multimodal with both Imports and Exports
- Strong negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across all levels.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in using CRM software and Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
Why Join Us:
- Opportunity to join at the start of a very exciting journey.
- Competitive package with performance-based incentives.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment that encourages professional growth.
- Be part of an international team that values creativity, customer-centricity, and excellence in all aspects of our business.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.