Freight Coordinator – Great Yarmouth – Up to £40,000
Salary: Up to £40,000 (DOE)
33 days hols per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays
Life Assurance 2 x annual basic salary
Pension – auto enrolled at 3 months, 5% employee, 3% employer contribution
Simply Health cash back scheme following successful completion of Probationary Period – 6 months.
Full time: Monday to Friday
Hours – 9:00 – 5.30 – flexibility within this
The Operations Co-ordinator is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
* Fully conversant with all in-house systems
* Managing Export / import shipment
* Operational basis from quotation, execution and client invoicing.
* Responding to Quote requests in a timely efficient manner for external and internal clients.
* Identifying any missing information at earliest opportunity.
* Booking of shipments with carriers – Airlines, shipping lines and road transport companies
* Ensure data fully and accurately entered into all systems in accordance with company best practice
* Process all shipping documentation including MAWB, HAWB, Bill of lading, CMR and Standard shipping note
* Maintain a thorough understanding of HM Revenue & Customs regulations
* Adhere to destination specific documentation requirements
* Resolving day to day issues with Clients and Vendors
* Proactive communication to both internal and external clients with any identified actual or potential
* Ensure Dangerous Goods procedures are followed.
* Responding to service updates and status updates as required by internal and external clients.
* Managing a specific portfolio.
* Managing pre / post flights and exception reporting / status updates to external and internal clients.
* UK experience in Import / Export
* Experience in Air or Sea Freight Forwarding
* Excellent customer service skills
* Experienced in handling Dangerous Goods
* Comprehensive understanding of import / export regimes and understanding of Customs Procedures
* Comprehensive understanding of ASM Sequoia and CHIEF
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.