Freight Forwarder – Fareham – Temp to Perm
Our client, are looking for a Freight Forwarder on a temp-to-perm basis to join them at their operation in Fareham.
The successful candidate will be required to look after the customer’s requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo to and from the Channel Islands effectively and in accordance with company’s operational procedures.
Job type: Temp-to-perm
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their quotations and traffic requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions..
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Arrange with approved hauliers for the transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree to prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost-effectiveness.
- Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/ Shipping department for loading/off-loading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. invoicing; filing; queries; claims; check costs following departmental requirements.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customer’s needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent IT skills
- Recent previous experience of a similar role in the freight forwarding industry
- Good communication skills with colleagues at all levels as well as external customers
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements, including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.