WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Freight Forwarder in Washington, UK Near (Worthing) West Sussex
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and thriving Freight Forwarder based in Washington, UK (Near Worthing) West Sussex.
Hours and Pay – Freight Forwarder
- Monday – Friday
- 0900 – 1700
- £28,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience)
The role – Freight Forwarder
Process and manage a range of European and UK roadfreight shipments, seafreight and airfreight shipments, all from start to finish, using acquired skills to negotiate commercial pricing, place bookings, accurately raise shipping documentation and manage customer issues.
The role is a senior role in the business and therefore the candidate is expected to lead by example, but they do not have direct people responsibility.
- Manage roadfreight / seafreight / airfreight booking process with customers and suppliers.
- Obtain and process pricing enquiries for all forms of transport.
- Operate internal operations system, on-line booking and sales platforms, customs documentation.
- Manage sales and cost reconciliation on a shipment by shipment basis.
- Raise accurate operational documentation such as AWBs, Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin and EUR1’s with great attention to detail.
- Face to face customer meetings where required with specific objectives and results to achieve.
- A knowledge of processing roadfreight, seafreight OR airfreight shipments, ideally in a freight forwarding company, together with commercial pricing experience.
- The role will demand excellent relationship building skills with both customers and suppliers to maximise all opportunities.
- Identifying new business opportunities from your customer base and having the ability to up sell the services on offer.
- The ability to prioritize, organize & manage time efficiently is essential within a busy operations team.
- Attention to detail is essential for the production of shipping documents
- An outgoing, lively, engaging, and knowledgeable personality to manage relationships with customers and suppliers.
- A good communicator and team player to work within an operations team.
- Commercial awareness and ability to negotiate at a high level.
A detailed knowledge of the freight forwarding operations is a distinct advantage
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.