Freight Forwarding Administrator & Customer Service Coordinator
Position: Sea Freight Administrator & Customer Service Clerk
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000
Hours: Mon – Fri: 8:30AM – 17:00PM
Holiday – 25 Days + BH
Our client were first established in the 1980s and have a wealth of experience in the UK and have built up an impressive network of offices and agents Worldwide, so they are able to provide the freight forwarding solutions their customers require using long standing partners and offices, offering services across ocean air and road.
We are now seeking to appoint and experienced Freight Forwarding Administrator/Customer Service professional to join our growing team based in Bradford.
Ideally we are looking for somebody to bridge the gap between our operations department and the customer, acting as a client liaison. The successful candidate will be a customer service champion and have a working knowledge of sea freight process and procedures, as well as an understanding of customs declarations.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Manage customer communication keeping them up to date on vessel changes, delays
- Weekly customer calls looking for quote opportunities and quoting customers
- Maintain and update customer rate cards
- Manage the reporting within our customer portal (Good excel knowledge essential)
The successful candidate must demonstrate an understanding of sea freight and be well versed in using Microsoft excel as well as having good communication skills and be able to build solid relationships with both suppliers and customers.
- Knowledge of sea freight operations
- knowledge of customs declarations
- Outstanding customer services skills
- Communicate effectively and eficient with internal teams, managers and customers.
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.