Position: Freight Operator – sea and air
Salary: £28,000 (DEO) + benefits
Hours: Mon – Friday 8:30am-17:00pm
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, committed individual to join a growing team where you can really add value and make a difference.
We are one of the fastest-growing independently owned freight forwarding companies in the UK. Due to our continued growth plans, we are hiring for a freight operator to join our friendly team based in Southampton.
We are keen to speak with individuals who have a background in freight forwarding or logistics, ideally with experience managing ocean import or export operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing ocean import/export jobs from start to finish
- Become involved in air & road freight operations when require (Training Provided)
- Liaising with hauliers and suppliers and merchant haulage
- provide quotes and negotiate rates for FCL & LCL
- Providing excellent customer service
- Responding to enquiries over the telephone and by email
- Wide range of Admin Tasks
- Ability to multitask and process information quickly and accurately is essential.
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Task-driven and can demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Good team player
- Ability to think outside the box
- Good at building relationship
#freight forwarding # logistics # road freight # imports # export #ocean freight
WR Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for all vacancies in the logistics industry. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.