Freight Pricing & Sales Administrator
Job Title: Freight Pricing & Sales Administrator
Department: International Freight Forwarding
Location: Eastleigh: Hybrid – Min 3 days in the office
Hours: 37.5 Hours a week, Flexible Hours
A highly Established Niche Freight Forwarder, that has operated for over 50 years, looking to further expand and grow its Project Freight and General cargo division.
We are now looking to appoint an experienced freight forwarding professional to join our dynamic team as a freight pricing and sales administrator. Previous experience in ocean and or EU Road Freight operations is essential for this role.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing up to a maximum of 30 days based on number of years service. + all major bank holidays
- Company Pension scheme
- Group Profit share scheme
- Hybrid working – Min 3 days in the office required, although adhoc requests are considered.
- Flexible working hours – To be agreed with Line Manager
- Company lunch once a month
- Free Car Parking
- Sourcing Pricing, quotes and rates from Shipping Lines, carriers and other suppliers
- Following up Quotes
- Covering Sea freight operations as and when required. (Training provide)
- Developing new sales opportunities, mixture of outbound warm/cold emails, warm/cold calls and lead follow-ups
- Communicating with customers to understand their needs and requirements and identify sales opportunities.
- Answering customers’ questions, resolving their concerns, and providing additional information via calls and emails
- Explaining and demonstrating the functions and features of the service.
- Maintaining and improving the database of prospects
- Researching for potential new business leads.
- A background in Sea freight, ideally with some OOG/BB experience but not essential
- Right attitude and application essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills
- Experience working with telephones and handling multiple calls and emails daily
- Patience, time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent numeracy skills for accurate and speedy calculation of sales prices and percentages
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.