Freight Sales Manager – REMOTE
Freight Sales Manager – Fully Remote – Up to £42,000
Our Client, who are a global freight forwarder are looking for a Freight Sales Manager to join their team.
The Freight Sales Manager is required to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with their customers.
* This role is fully remote but bi-weekly visits to the operation in Southampton would be required *
Job type: Permanent
Hours: 09:00am to 17:30pm
- Salary up to £42,000
- Call allowance
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Able to build and maintain good relationships with company’s customers, local (UK & EU) global partners and suppliers
- Canvass new business from their extensive Sales Lead base by virtue of Teams calls and other communication methods (No F2F customer visits-In Person, unless essential)
- Handle the quotes they receive in from our customers and global partners.
- A mixture of inbound sales calls plus external cold calling sales calls to customers
- Generating sales leads if required
- Acknowledge written receipt of the quotation requests from customers and global partners
- Obtain most cost effective solutions from our approved suppliers
- Ensure all quote requirements have been met
- Quote the customer in defined timeframe ensuring job profitability
- Follow up submitted quotes with the customer/partner within defined period
- Record the quote on quote-log with won/lost result and reasons
- Develop strong relationships with our customer and partners
- Accompany colleagues to supplier/customer/trade-shows & meetings (if necessary)
- Handle any minor issues with customers and suppliers
- Keep line-manager updated of any issues.
- Help and support other colleagues as and when necessary
- Manage the CRM Sales Performance Metrics and ensure Sales Pipeline values and stages are aligned
- Present Sales Performance Metrics to General Manager at required intervals
- Support with Linkedin marketing posts and brand promotion online
- Possessing a good network of suppliers for competitive rate provision
- Ability to price multimodal freight jobs is preferred but not essential
- Proficient in MS Office and CRM software
- Good understanding of Incoterms 2020
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- UK and EU multimodal freight-forwarding knowledge is essential
- Based in the UK
WR Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for all vacancies in the logistics industry. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.