General Manager – Road Freight
General/Branch Manager – Road Freight Forwarding – Wolverhampton
£60K-£70K plus Car
A Global Freight Forwarder are now seeking an experienced Road Freight Branch Manager to join their expanding organisation based in Wolverhampton.
Their growth and success is testament to the vision that the Directors and Senior Management have had at the company. This, coupled with hard work and sound business decisions is paving the way to become one of the most successful International Freight Providers in the world.
Reporting to the Director and working closely with the management team.
Direct and manage the Road Freight operations staff within your business areas to ensure that they are appropriately resourced, motivated and trained and that they carry out their responsibilities whilst delivering and developing a best-in-class service across all aspects of the operation. Managing and processing Import and Export jobs from quotation to delivery, in line with our primary goal of providing excellence in customer service.
Skills and Experience:
* Previous experience in a general management role in a freight or Road logistics environment is essential
* A results driven, measured and consistent approach coupled with the ability to inspire and motivate
* A track record of success with a methodical and structured approach through continuous improvement and delivering KPI’s to effectively challenge the business
* Experienced in the leadership and development of teams
* Strong commercials skills and business acumen
Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing and overseeing the daily site operations, activities and personnel
* Full responsibility for P&L and control of budgetary spend across all areas of the business
* Building and growing strong commercial relationships with key clients to meet their needs
and maximise future opportunities
* Determining a site strategy that aligns with both Group and business unit objectives, core values
and ensures excellent customer satisfaction
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.