Head of Freight Forwarding
Job Title: Head of Freight Forwarding
Salary: £90,000 per annum + package + bonus
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Our client offers a complete end to end supply chain service with a unique intelligent supply chain model.
Founded in 1997 they have been embracing and developing new technology to create a forward thinking and customer-centric service.
They are currently seeking a head of freight forwarding where you will be responsible for developing a large team of experienced freight forwarders who design innovative solutions to complex challenges, unlock new opportunities, and speed up and streamline existing processes by removing complexity from the process. The team deliver air and ocean freight services and you will report directly to Operations Director.
- Lead, develop and support a team of individuals who report directly into yourself, by coaching them through best practices and skills they need to achieve and excel
- P&L responsibility and reporting to the Ops Director on all P&L activity vs Budget
- Manage the teams performance by implementing key KPI’s as well as develop KPI’s for customers
- Support Key Accounts team to deliver P&L targets related to European, global key accounts, directly for markets where we don’t have offices, and through local origination for markets where we have offices
- Work closely with your colleagues to ensure we maintain the highest possible operational performance and customer service
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers, internal stakeholders and suppliers assisting in resolving any concerns and implementing any corrective action.
- Skills and Experience of our Head of Fright-Forwarding:
- Extensive Ocean Freight Knowledge on both Import & Export
- Airfreight Knowledge on both Imports & Exports
- Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance the customer facing Track and Trace system
- A high drive to deliver excellent customer service
- High commercial focus and the ability to maximise opportunities for the business and the customer
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.