Health, Safety and Facilities Manager
WR Logistics are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety and Facilities Manager in Basildon.
Our client who are an International Freight Forwarder are looking for a Health, Safety and Facilities Manager to join their business, who are based in Basildon, Essex.
The successful candidate will be tasked in executing all things Health and Safety within the operation.
Package: Health, Safety and Facilities Manager.
Salary: Up to £45,000 (Depending on experience)
- Annual leave: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
- After completing six months’ service, Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After one year’s service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)
- One Milestone Day (planned absence) per year to take as you wish.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 08.30am – 5.30pm (1-hour unpaid lunch break)
Location: Basildon, this role is office based.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head of HR in the execution of their duties
- Maintain an overview of current legislation in all matters Facilities and Health & Safety.
- Maintain excellent interdepartmental networks and relationships.
- Line Manage and oversee the daily roles and responsibilities for maintenance team
- Update and maintain the company Health and Safety and Environmental Policy
- Chair the monthly Health and Safety committee meeting with relevant stakeholders
- Carry out, record, and communicate all workplace risk assessments and safe systems of work throughout the UK network including COSHH, DSE, and health surveillance
- Ensure that all staff receive up to date training within their areas of responsibility and that the company in compliant with its training needs
- Record all training-on-training matrix files
- Ensure all staff receive training, information, instruction, and supervision on matters relating to H&S in conjunction with the company H&S policy
- Investigate, record, and report all workplace accidents, including RIDDOR reporting
- Upkeep and manage maintenance schedules for all properties within the UK network
- Update the buildings handbook and manage all leases, tenants, utilities, service contracts and suppliers
- Day to day management of waste disposal, maintenance and parking and oversee all staff working in facilities
- Manage all budgets and regularly review all purchasing to ensure bets value for money
- Support Facilities Project Coordinator to manage and oversee tenders, projects, refurbishment, and procurement ensuring all projects are carried out in accordance with CDM Regulations.
- Ensure all buildings meet all current regulations in regards to health and Safety including risk assessments
- Manage other facilities throughout the UK where some travel will be required.
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- 5+ years working in a Facilities Managers role
- Studying for or already have a NEBOSH general certificate
- Foundation degree, HND or degree in facilities management Or
- Qualification in engineering, management or business studies
- BIFM qualification
- Or Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM)
- Problem solving skills
- Well organised
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer and client management skills
- MS Office, Excel & PowerPoint Skills
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.