Health & Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager – Food Production – £50,000 – Chichester
Health & Safety Manager required to join a well-established food producer based in Chichester.
As the successful Health & Safety Manager you will be the safety lead and subject matter expert for the business, and will be responsible for developing and delivering a strong strategy for continuous improvement in health and safety.
This role requires someone with previous experience as a Health & Safety Manager, Health & Safety Officer or similar, ideally working within an FMCG organisation. NEBOSH certification is also required.
Salary – £45,000-£50,000
Working Hours 8am-5pm (Monday-Friday)
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Company pool car for business use
Company Laptop & Phone
- Develop and maintain an effective health and safety system that is aligned to the companies values and overall business strategy.
- Generate an annual Safety plan outlining the goals and initiatives for the year.
- Ensure a consistent approach to maintaining safety equipment and systems across the business.
- Complete and review fire risk assessments of each site
- Ensure that H&S processes and standards are defined, communicated and implemented at all sites.
- Maintaining and reviewing the company risk management plan and ensuring that actions are completed on time
- Lead any Health Safety and Welfare audits.
- Support any disciplinary actions related to safety breaches.
- Annual or Biannual review or change in process of risk assessments with line managers and responsible employees of risk assessments.
- Ensuring that the Contractor control process is implemented and adhered to.
- Ensuring that statutory inspections are completed in a timely manner including Gas and Electrical Inspections, LOLER, Fire and Pressure systems.
- Ensure any health-related risk assessments are in place and reviewed regularly with relevant parties (i.e. WRULD, vibration, COSHH etc)
- Clean UK Driving Licence
- NEBOSH Diploma
- 3-5 Health and Safety experience in a similar FMCG organisation
- Good communicator with excellent English. Additional language skills are beneficial
- Good IT skills
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
REGISTER FOR JOB ALERTS
Were always updating our available positions, register now to sign up to our jobs by email service, and stay informed when we list new positions that are relevant to you.